Thursday, September 07, 2006

Boob Job

Once again, the smoking-table had been hijacked. Wallace was standing on his own at the bar and smiling towards me. I joined him, keeping the curve of the bar between us. We didn't say much as I kept my eyes on the television screen in front of me. The crowd on the smoking-table were asking after someones boob-job! I was in such an awkward position, that to have turned and looked would have made it obvious that I had been listening to their conversation. Wallace on the other hand, had no such visual impediment. His eyes were on stalks, focusing on a point over my right shoulder that I could only wonder about.
The moment passed and we chatted of his Uncle when he was a boy. He was mid-sentence, when he suddenly blurted "so, you had a boob job?" We were joined by one of the kitchen workers, sipping her diet-coke through a straw and pouting. "Yes, I'm now a 36dd" she said. To avoid any confusion, I looked her straight in the eye and said "I am now going to look at your breasts." I lowered my eyes from hers towards her ample bosom that was now being thrust towards me. And do you know all I could say? . . ."Oh very good, well done, yes, very good. "

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home