Thursday, October 05, 2006

Multi-Layer Marketing

I was saved today. I was an inch away from a life in multi-layer-marketing. I was going to be the "Betterclean" man, dropping catalogues through letterboxes, then picking them back up again, laden with orders two days later. My wife said I only wanted to do it because I thought the doors were going to be opened by a selection of 'readers-wives' in fluffy high-heels and see-through lingerie. I obviously lied and denied that the thought had ever entered my head. "Do you want to come in while I fill out my order? Oh, you poor Betterclean man, you're soaking! Why don't you take your clothes off and sit by the fire . . .etc etc". Anyway, I'm driving to Oxford on saturday to give two hundred catalogues back to my upliner along with the chance of seeing Nora from Northampton's stocking-tops through her flimsy lace lingerie. Such is life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home